The holiday season is in full swing with everyone taking their time to relax and unwind. It’s also the time of the year when we look back and appreciate the milestones we’ve achieved, and the customers we’ve helped accomplish amazing results by using our solutions.
2022 has been the most successful year since our inception in 2016 with immense growth in all key areas, including customer base, revenue & profit, team size, recognition by leading analysts, and penetration in the market.
Here are the major highlights of 2022 through Acterys’ lens:
An Impressive 233% YoY Revenue Growth
With the success of last year firmly in our vision (2021 – 100% YoY Growth), we moved full steam ahead and achieved a remarkable 233% increase in revenue compared to the previous year. This impressive growth is owed to the large number of enterprise customers and partners that chose Acterys’ solutions to drive dynamic xP&A transformation.
Some of the prominent customer names include Superior Plus (leading North American distributor and marketer of propane and distillate), F5 Networks (technology company specializing in application security, multi-cloud management, online fraud prevention), Publix (US supermarket chain), Accenture, Grawe Bank Group (finance), HEB Construction, and Forestar Group Inc., among many others.
As part of our mission to give the best value to customers, we are extremely proud that 80% of our revenues are invested into R&D and product development. This enables us to deliver new features and improved functionality at a significantly higher pace than anyone else in the industry. Our approach to product development is driven by our customers’ invaluable insights.
Acterys recently forged several powerful partnerships to expand its suite of solutions into untapped markets. This provides innovative and diverse opportunities for businesses looking to streamline business processes. This includes joining hands with MS Dynamics implementation partners, including Cosmo Consult, Orbis Consulting LLC, and Ciellos. We are also proud to be part of the Kyriba network that provides treasury management solutions to the Office of CFO (Chief Financial Officer).
Acterys Recognized by Leading Independent Analysts Like Gartner
Throughout the year, Acterys has been featured in multiple analyst reports and received stellar ratings from customers.
Among those recognitions, the most impressive one is being named Gartner’s Cool Vendor in Finance (The report is available on the Gartner Portal for Gartner customers, if you are interested in a copy please contact us). Our unparalleled, award-winning approach to unified xP&A with Power BI + Excel lays the groundwork for companies across industries to unlock substantial cost savings, speed up project timelines, and glean actionable insights with greater ease.
A few other noteworthy achievements include:
- BPM Partners recognized Acterys as a Top-Rated Vendor in the Pulse of Performance Management 2022 report, which highlighted:
- A 94% recommendation rate from customers
- Rated “Excellent” in Financial Reporting and Overall Satisfaction categories with an overall 4.6 (out of 5) rating
- 5x faster implementation times (90% of implementations take 3 months or less)
- Acterys was featured among the recommended 3rd Generation FP&A tools in the FP&A Market Guide by Business Partnering Institute (BPI)
- G2 High Performer Winter 2022 from the ratings given by customers on G2
Here is what some of our customers had to say about Acterys solutions in 2022:
“Powerful Planning and Writeback in Power BI”
Acterys Writeback Power BI Visuals allow the managers to review actuals and budgeting data side by side from within Power BI and update the planning details directly on the database. The security around the Writeback capabilities is both solid and flexible.
PMO and BI Manager
“Substantially improving process cycle times and cost savings”
We have successfully used Acterys for 2 years at Puma and had the chance to already use some of the new features in the new Acterys Excel Online Add-in which have resulted in substantially improving process cycle times and cost savings.
Head of Planning
We use Acterys for the connection between QBO and Power BI. I have received great support from Acterys. Mike has provided us with several remote sessions and has been very responsive to our needs. Thank you, Mike and Acterys.
TP Equipment Leasing LLC
Our Acterys Family Grew by 100%
Acterys has offices in the US, UK, Germany, and Australia, but we are also a remote-friendly organization. At Acterys, we open the door of opportunity to talented individuals around the world. We invite those who are motivated and have a drive for success to come be part of our team!
In 2022, we expanded the Acterys family by 100% and hired extremely talented people in different departments, including Sales, Development, and Operations. Our journey of exponential growth is only the beginning. In the year ahead, we look forward to welcoming new talented members into our family!
New Features and Improved Functionality Rolled Out for an Enhanced xP&A Experience
This year, we concentrated our efforts on developing phenomenal new features and updates to take the xP&A experience with Acterys to the next level. We have been making strides in modernizing our process throughout the year with one focus: to turbocharge time-to-value and optimize the efficiency & security of operations, all the while ensuring user friendliness. Empowering business users is at the core of this initiative for maximum control over their processes.
Acterys v22.2 was released in the fourth quarter of ’22 which laid the foundation for Acterys Hub, dramatic improvements to the planning engine performance, introduced Acterys Apps for Stripe and made significant improvements to all Acterys Power BI Visuals:
- Multi-update Algorithm – Enhanced Acterys planning engine to intelligently combine multiple planning activities in a single step and multithreaded in-memory processing, both resulting in dramatic performance improvements
- Acterys Hub – Introduced in the 22.1 product release, it now integrates all data integration processes in a single new section in the Acterys Modeller, making all modeling tasks much more manageable while ensuring faster implementation times.
- Power BI Automation – Enables users to create and update models in Power BI instantly and even allows including calculation logic with automatic DAX updates.
- Acterys Matrix Gen 2- A completely new calculation engine that provides users with the optimal plan based on targets and restrictions they can define. It now also supports all Power BI DAX calculation features as well.
- Acterys Variance 3.0 – Now adds amazing new KPI card reporting capabilities
- Acterys Visual Planning – Allows planning directly in a chart and gives options for cell locking, planning by percentages, and entering data manually, giving you even more flexibility to handle more detailed assumptions easier.
- Acterys Apps for Stripe has been added to our collection of Apps.
You can check out the complete release notes of v22.2 here.
4 New Rapid Results Packs
After the successful and well-received launch of the Acterys template store, Rapid Results Packs (RRPs), we continuously added templates to provide best-practice application designs for a wide range of use cases across different industries. Some of the latest RRPs that our team has been working on include:
- Change Management in Construction
- Financial Planning for Government Contractors
- Location AI-recommendation based on Consensus Data
- Out-of-the-box financial reporting for NetSuite
You can check out all the listed Rapid Results Packs and get in touch with our team to discuss how they can work for your organization.
Security before everything else
We have put the security of our customer’s data at the front and center of our efforts to make Acterys a secure and reliable solution. As a testament to our commitment, we are delighted to announce that Acterys is in the process of finalizing SOC2 and ISO 27001 certifications. Both of these audits are considered the gold standard for information security, ensuring that stringent measures are in place to secure data from internal and external threats.
2022 has been a year of remarkably fast-paced growth, in terms of revenue, product development, and customer adoption of the Acterys suite of products. We have a lot more in store for our customers in 2023, which includes adding new artificial intelligence planning capabilities and making complex planning logic scenarios even easier.
The Acterys family wishes you a happy holiday season and a great start to 2023!