Power BI offers unparalleled features to integrate and transform data. This output is often useful to add to an existing SQL data warehouse. in this post we explain how you can synchronize and load Power BI tables to SQL Server (Azure or on-premise) and automate this process. But first…
Why Sync Power BI Data to SQL Server?
There are a few reasons why you might want to sync your Power BI data to SQL Server. Perhaps you want to keep a backup of your data in case of disaster, or you need to access your data offline. Whatever your reason, syncing your data to SQL Server allows you to keep your data in a single location and makes it easy to access and use.
Power BI Sync Update Architecture
The tool to facilitate this process is Acterys Power BI Sync an easy-to-use Windows application that is available for download on the Acterys website. The advantage of this approach is, that not only are the Power BI tables loaded to SQL Server but they are also enabled for planning and write-back with all of Acterys’ groundbreaking planning features from top-down data entry to driver-based planning.
Five Steps to Sync Power BI tables with SQL Server
You can use the Acterys Power Sync tool to synchronize Power BI tables with SQL server. The tool offers easy functionality for planning, writeback, and data integration, and warehousing. With Acterys data sync tool, you can sync any Power BI model, service, or dataflow with your relational databases like MySQL or SQL server both on cloud and on-premise.
To begin syncing data between Power BI tables and SQL server…
- Install Acterys Power Sync:
- Configure your Power BI model (Power BI Desktop or Power BI Dataset / Dataflow):
3. Choose model tables to load and optionally set refresh interval:
4. That’s it all data including calculated columns from the selected tables is now available in SQL Server:
Benefits of Syncing Power BI Tables to SQL Server
1. Syncing your Power BI Desktop files to a SQL Server database will give you the ability to share your reports with other users on your team, as well as keep a copy of your data in a more secure location.
2. Additionally, syncing your data will allow you to use the features of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to create and manage reports for your data.
3. SSRS can be used to create rich, interactive reports that can be used by your team members or stakeholders.
4. Additionally, SSRS can be used to schedule reports to run on a regular basis, or to email reports to specific recipients.
That is all you need to know to sync Power BI tables with SQL Server using the Acterys Power Apps tool. If you want to experience how easy this process is, you should give Acterys a try. Get your free trial today.
Ready to Use Acterys for Syncing Power BI to SQL Server?
If you’re looking for a simple way to synchronize your Power BI tables with SQL Server, Acterys is the solution. Acterys Power BI Sync tool allows you to easily keep your data in-sync with SQL server and avoid any potential data discrepancies.
Learn more about how Acterys can help you by contacting us today.