The Easiest Way Realizing Financial Reports in Power BI
The default visuals in Power BI are not perfectly suited for financial reporting. There are ways to realize more advanced financial reporting requirements using DAX as Managility describes in Income Statement using DAX These, though typically require intermediate knowledge of DAX that many financial professional don’t necessarily have.
- Addition of custom rows and column calculations and subtotals exactly where needed e.g. income statement and balance sheet lines like Gross Margin, EBIT, Return on Equity etc.
- Financial reporting format options per row (under/over lines, (), %, scaling etc.) and column
- Variance visualization according to IBCS principles with dynamic switching between relative and absolute display
- Unparalleled write-back, planning and business modelling options with all components of the Acterys Suite 8 Power BI Custom Visual, Acterys Modeller, Excel Add-on)
• Row based comments that are stored automatically in Acterys database and can be edited directly in Power BI with Acterys Comments visual
Download the free preview here: Acterys Reporting Preview & Sample File
Detailed documentation of all features is available in the Acterys Wiki
For any comments and feature requests please use the new Acterys Forum